Spencer Hart – Contemporary Tailored Fashion
Bespoke Tailoring from No. 36 Savile Row
View Spencer Hart Fashion collections on London Fashion Review Blog
Introduction to the Spencer Hart Brand
Founder of bespoke tailor brand Spencer Hart, Nick Hart, has worked in the world of men’s tailoring, menswear and luxury goods since the tender age of just 13. Before establishing his own men’s tailoring brand, Hart was working as the Creative Director of Chester Barrie, a fellow Savile Row tailor. Before this, Hart also worked at many other prestigious brands including Aquascutum, Timothy Everest, Jil Sander and Kenzo Homme, where he was the Director of Menswear.
In 2002, Nick Hart established his own bespoke tailoring brand at No. 36 Savile Row, London and named it after his son, Spencer Hart. With his label, Hart had the mission to bring elegance, understated coolness and quality back into men’s tailoring and clothing. The brand aims to create the greatest contemporary tailored fashion including suits, shirts, ties and accessories. The brand does this by following their ethos ‘less is more’ and by using the best of British – be it the finest fabrics on offer, to the finest craftsmanship from the finest tailors, cutters and technicians.
The Spencer Hart Flagship Store at No. 34 Savile Row
Spencer Hart: Important Dates
- 2002: Spencer Hart is established at 36 Savile Row, London by tailor Nick Hart.
- 2004: The brand opens a ‘shop-in-shop’ within New York’s Bergdorf Goodman.
- 2006: The brand launches a new menswear range called Nick Hart, a cheaper label to the bespoke offering from the Spencer Hart brand. The collection features off-the-peg suits, shirts and casual trousers.
- 2009: A Spencer Hart ‘shop-in-shop’ opens in Liberty of London – when the Spencer Hart’s Savile Rowe flagship store closed temporarily in August for refurbishment, Liberty stocked the full Spencer Hart collection.
- 2011: Spencer Hart is launched in Selfridges on Oxford Street in a star-studded event. The launch into the prestigious department store sees the brand expand from its cult Savile Row status to a wider audience.
Spencer Hart Menswear with Signature Slim Tailoring and Founder of the Brand, Nick Hart.
Celebrity Fans of Spencer Hart
The Spencer Hart brand has been popular with a diverse range of celebrities including David Bowie, Jay-Z, Jamie Foxx, Kanye West, Brett Anderson, Ant and Dec and Lawrence Dallaglio. But since the brand’s inception, its most significant celebrity relationship has been with popstar Robbie Williams. The partnership began less than a year after the brand’s inception in 2002 when Robbie invited the brand to create his wardrobe for a TV special.
Robbie Williams with Nick Hart at the Spencer Hart launch at Selfridges.
“From the day I met Nick, I have worn little else but Spencer Hart on a smart day.
‘I still can’t pull off the slim line look with quite as much ease as him, but I am working on it. You can spot his style a mile off, and I love it.’ – Robbie Williams talking to GQ Magazine
Future of the Spencer Hart Brand
In March of 2011, founder of Spencer Hart, Nick Hart announced that the brand had taken on 13 new investors, which would spearhead a big expansion plan over the next coming years. This includes the opening of a Spencer Hart flagship store in London’s Mayfair in July of 2011.
Expect further expansion of the Spencer Hart brand name in seasons to come.
“Business is very good, thank goodness”
Nick Hart talking to GQ Magazine in March of 2011.
Founder Nick Hart with Celebrity Fans of Spencer Hart, Robbie Williams Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnally.
Visit the official Spencer Hart website here.