Menswear, Womenswear and Fashion Accessories
View Oliver Spencer Fashion collections on London Fashion Review Blog
Oliver Spencer, a self-taught tailor, made waves in the fashion scene by spearheading the costume design for Guy Ritchie’s cult British gangster flick, Snatch in 2001 – dressing the likes of celebrities Brad Pitt and Jason Statham. Two years later in 2002, Oliver Spencer set up his namesake menswear label in committed to create a wardrobe for the modern British man.
Soon after inception, the brand expanded into the US and Canada fashion markets, marking the instant success of the Oliver Spencer label. As of 2011, Oliver Spencer had menswear, womenswear, footwear and accessory lines, and 3 stand alone stores in London, New York and Canada. Celebrity fans of the brand include Paul Weller, Benicio Del Toro, Orlando Bloom, and bands The Rolling Stones and Arcade Fire.
Oliver Spencer – Fashion Designer
- 2002: Oliver Spencer launches his namesake fashion label dedicated to menswear.
- 2006: In partnership with US retailer, Odin, the first Oliver Spencer standalone store opens in New York.
- 2008: A second Oliver Spencer standalone store opens on London’s Conduit Street to coincide with the launch of the Oliver Spencer womenswear collection.
- 2009: The Oliver Spencer e-commerce site is launched. Also this year, a long standing collaboration with the global affairs magazine, Monocle, is launched. The brands teamed up to create a signature, limited edition Oxford shirt; as of 2011, the brands had released three limited-edition Oxford shirts, with the signature cuff and pocket details.
- 2010: The third Oliver Spencer standalone store opens in Toronto, Canada, selling the full range of Oliver Spencer merchandise, along with a carefully chosen selection of accessories from like-minded brands, such as Quoddy, Il Bussetto, and Universal Works. Also this year, the Oliver Spencer brand collaborates with Topman (see image below) to create a capsule shoe collection.
- 2011: The Oliver Spencer Shoe Shop opens in London, stocking the new, British made ‘Spencer’ range of footwear. The Conduit Street store, also stocks a range of other brands including Quoddy, Converse, Gourmet and Velva. Accessories from Il Bussetto and leather belts and canvas bags by Sean Marshall are also available in store.
Oliver Spencer Shoes for Topman
The Oliver Spencer Aesthetic
The Oliver Spencer brand is very much an expression of the modern man. When starting the brand, Spencer wanted to create a collection that reflected his own wardrobe, traditional tailoring with hints of street-wear style. Spencer’s takes his design influences for his collections from a wide range of inspirations. Military and hunting influences feature heavily throughout all Oliver Spencer collections. He admires the costuming and styling from the movies, Gangs of New York and The Aviator
Future of the Oliver Spencer Brand
The Oliver Spencer brand is still in its infancy as a fashion house yet has seen successful brand expansion, both in the collections available and overseas stockists. In the future expect to see further expansion overseas and further collaborations, increasing the profile of the Oliver Spencer brand.
To view the recent collections of Oliver Spencer, visit the official Oliver Spencer website.